Pencil Set of 4
- Complete set of Andre’s pencils, fantastic cleaning pencils for coins and relics
- This set of 4 pencils is a great addition to your cleaning toolbox.
- Ideal on bronze coins such as Indian Head Pennies or 2-cent pieces.
- It is also versatile and will allow you to clean other metals such as copper.
Directions and recommendations:
- The two hard point pencils should be used in circular motions. Start gently and then figure what amount of pressure is appropriate.
- Favor dry cleaning as water may harm coins and their patina.
- The hard point pencils are absolutely great to get rid of a concrete-like dirt crust.
- You may alternate between using the hard tips and the brush pencil. This last pencil will help you check on your progress and can be used to finish the process.
- The use of the brass scalpel is pretty self-explanatory. It should be used at the very beginning of a cleaning session if the crust proves to be very hard. You should stop using it before you actually reach the surface of the coin.
- DO NOT get the ends of the brush pencil wet! It would rust.
- The steel-wool brush is great with coppers/nickels that do have a little dirt to take off. Used gently, it can prove very efficient.