SeriousDetecting https://cdn.seriousdetecting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sdlogo.png SeriousDetecting2011-11-17 10:27:522011-11-17 10:27:52The Difference Between the Minelab X-TERRA 505 and X-TERRA 705
When looking at the Minelab X-TERRA line of metal detectors a few questions always come up. One of them being “What is the difference between the Minelab X-TERRA 505 and the Minelab X-TERRA 705“. In this blogpost we will answer this question.
- Adjustment Segments
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 has more “adjustment segments” for sensitivity and ground balance, allowing the user to estabilish a more precise setting for each.
- Notch Segments(the more notch segments a metal detector has, the more detailed the TID/Target Identification Detector will be)
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 has 28 notch segments
- The Minelab X-TERRA 505 has 19.
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 offers Gold Prospecting mode for those who might be nugget hunters.
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 offers a backlight (you can continue to hunt at night).
- Ground Balance
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 offers Auto Ground Balance
- The Minelab X-TERRA 505 is manually adjusted.
- Tracking Ground Balance
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 offers Tracking Ground Balance for those who want their detector to maintain the proper ground balance while hunting.
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 offers Tracking Ground Balance offset so you can offset the ground phase and maintain that offset “on the fly”.
- Beach Tracking
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 offers Beach Tracking for those who hunt saltwater beaches
- Noise Cancel Channel
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 allows the detector to establish the proper noise cancel channel Automatically.
- the Minelab X-TERRA 505 has manual noise cancel channel selection.
- Pinpoint mode
- Pinpoint mode is available on both the X-TERRA 505 and X-TERRA 705
- The Minelab X-TERRA 705 has the option of Sizing Pinpoint.
The choice is yours, when you look at budget and whether or not you do gold prospecting, beach hunting and need tracking, either machine will do very well. If you want the metal detector to make the setting choices for you (Ground Balance and Noise Cancel) instead of selecting them manually than the Minelab X-TERRA 705 is the machine to buy.