During the design phase of the Vaquero (pronounced va-care-oh), we knew that it was going to be a very hard working detector. It is designed as an all-around detector, able to do just about everything that any detectorist could want to do.
Vaquero is the Spanish word for cowboy. When we think of hard work and the ability to take on any kind of tough job, we think of the cowboys of the old west.
The main part of the Vaquero’s versatility is its three and three-quarters manually adjusted ground balance. This will give the detectorist the power to set up his machine to best suit the mineralization conditions that he is working in and his personal treasure hunting style.
The Vaquero adds an ED 120 discrimination feature to filter the trash from the treasure and a Push Button Pinpoint that makes digging up the goodies that much easier. The discriminate knob is also used to switch into a threshold-based All Metal Mode.
- MicroMAX Design
- VLF 14 kHz Frequency
- One Drop-in 9V Battery
- Variable Threshold
- 3 3/4 Turn External Ground Balance
- Ultra-lightweight Design
- 11″ x 8″ Monolithic Coil
- 3-Piece Knockdown Pole
- Lifetime Warranty
- Operating Frequency – 14.3 kHz, 14.5 kHz, 14.7 kHz
- Searchcoil Type – Widescan
- Searchcoil Size – 11″ x 8″
- Searchcoil Family – Delta
- Cable Length – Approx. 3′
- Audio Frequency – Approx. 293 Hz or VCO
- Audio Output – 1 1/2″ speaker and headphone jack
- Headphone Compatibility – 1/4″ stereo plug
- Weight (may vary slightly) – 2.2 lbs
- Battery Requirement – One 9 Volt DC (alkaline)
- Battery Life (typical) – 10 to 20 hours
- Optimum Temp. Range – 30° to 100° F
- Optimum Humidity – 0 to 75% R.H.
- Operating Modes – Threshold-based All Metal, Silent Search Discriminate
- Pinpoint Mode – All Metal Fast Auto-Tune