The New Generation is truly universal.
- Dual multi-position “segmented or detent” volume controls with Black & Red knob to differentiate between the original model and the Universal model.
- New “three position” Mode Selector Switch (black) makes the new Sun Ray Pros compatible with most metal detectors including the Minelab.
- High output 150 ohm (nominal impedance) speaker elements which are certified as hearing aid compatible and are sensitive enough to pick up even the faintest of signals.
- Aluminum case construction with polymer cones for moisture and sweat protection.
- Dual multi position “segmented or detent” volume controls.
- Enhanced Limiter Circuit with on/off switch (yellow). (For more pronounced reduction in loud blasts from surface targets, while allowing the faintest of signal responses to be clearly heard. Limiter results will vary from one detector model to another. Limiter circuit is not applicable with the CTX 3030)
- NEW “Lock’em Up” Toggle switch keeps your selection in place.
- “New” comfortable, lightweight dual swivel point ear cups with all “new” soft leather muffs.
- Adjustable leather headband.
- Custom engineered coiled cable for more dependability and longer life!
The new foam padded soft leather muffs are not only more comfortable than the earlier vinyl muffs, but they also do not develop a “memory”. They conform to the shape of your head around your ears when worn and when taken off return to their original shape! Vinyl which normally has a life expectancy of (3) three years can get harder with time and the elements, which can cause a less comfortable fit as well as a noticeable increase in ambient (outside) noise. The former version of the Sun Ray Pros yields a 24-decibel reduction in ambient noise blocking ability when new. The new Sun Ray Pro “Gold” version yields a 26-decibel reduction in ambient noise blocking ability and continues to block that noise day in and day out, year in and year out because they stay soft and comfortable!
- New polyurethane jacket for better memory retention of coils vs. the previous PVC cable
- More than 3X the number of copper strands (than the previous cable) for more resistance to breakage
- The new cable coil is 20″ retracted vs 13″ on the previous cable.
- The overall length of the new cable is 32″. Extended length approx. 18″ longer than the previous cable
- New “multidirectional” strain relief flex vs 2 directional on previous cable
- New cable jacket inserts fully into 1/4″ molded, right-angle plug vs previous cable.
- External Strain Relief and 1/4″ right angle, molded Gold Plated Plug!