Mountain Goat Reverse Helix Trommel for gold mining prospecting
Speed up your gold processing work and increase gold recovery with the Mountain Goat Reverse Helix Trommel. This machine is rightly named because it can eat almost anything and is light enough to carry up a mountain!
The Mountain Goat is efficient because the spiral riffles inside of the tube turn and bring the heavy materials up to the high end of the tube while allowing the lighter materials to flow out of the back of the tube as tailings. This system makes the trommel completely self-cleaning, which eliminates the need to break down for clean-up as is necessary with sluice box type equipment.The spiral riffles in the trommel tube are ¼ inch deep and spaced ¾ inch apart. We suggested your placer material be screened to ½ inch or less even though rocks as large as ¾ inch will pass through the tube. There is a nugget trap at the low end of the tube which should be checked regularly for nuggets larger than ¼ inch.
Height: 24 inches
Width: 16 inches
Length: 32 inches
Weight: 18 pounds
Barrel: 4 inches
Power Required: 12VDC 17AH
Water Required: 5 gallons
Pump Capacity: 750 Gph
Material Capacity: 2 Yards per Day
- The Mountain Goat Trommel is a small version of the reverse helix trommels used by major placer mining companies. Do not confuse it with the gravel pit trommels which are screen type classifiers, not archimedes mining trommels. It can easily be carried up a mountain by one person.
- The Mountain Goat can be used in a tub to recirculate the water to operate the machine. That way, the water stays free of leaves, etc. that can plug the pump. A sock slipped over the pump will also keep the spray system from clogging up. Any large tray such as a mortar mixing tub (found at most home improvement stores) can be used with 5 gallons of water which is then recirculated by the 750 gallon per hour pump.
- The Trommel can also be used directly in a stream and is a very sturdy machine designed to take a lot of wear and tear!
- The controls are conveniently located at the top of the trommel for easy operation.
- The Mountain Goat can be set up to feed directly into the Desert Fox Gold Panning Machine to make you a one-man mining operation.