Lortone Coin Cleaning / Rock Tumbler Model 3A 3 lb Capacity w/ Instructions
Lortone Model 3A Rock Tumbler with One 3 lb Barrel, Two 1 Pound jars of 400 Silica Stage 3 Pre-Polish, Illustrated instructions booklet, and a One-Year Warranty.
This rock tumbler is quiet, sturdy, simple to operate, and gives excellent results. Also perfect for jewelry tumbling! Everything you need to get started!
Out of stock
Notify me when item is back in stock.
- 2x One Pound jars of 400 Silica Stage 3 Pre-Polish
- 3A Lortone Rock Tumbler
Our most popular single-barrel tumbler is the perfect size for getting started.
- Holds up to 3 lbs. of rock or jewelry.
- Base dimensions: 6” W x 9.5” L.
- 3 lb Barrel ID: 4-1/8″ Depth, 3-7/8″ Dia.
- Shipping weight: 5 lbs.
- Voltage: 110V
- SKU: 001-092
Lortone tumblers are perfect for small applications or for the beginning hobbyist. Each tumbler is sturdy and easy to operate. Our patented molded rubber barrels provide extra sound absorption, while delivering excellent results. Illustrated instruction book included.
Coin Cleaning Tumbler Kit Instructions
- Remove the lid from the tumbler barrel and place the coins you want to clean in the barrel. You should not fill it up to 2/3 of it’s capacity
- Add from 1 to 3 tablespoons of the pre0polish abrasive, depending on the quantity of the coins
- Add water so that the coins are covered by water
- Replace the tumbler lid, place the barrell on the tumbler and let it run for a few hours.
- Remove the lid and check the coins to see if they are clean enough for your satisfaction. If not replace the lid and let them tumble for a few more hours.
- When the coins are clean enough take the barrell outdoors and run water into the barrell until the grit is all washed away.
- Let the coins dry and they are ready to take to the bank.
- You can also use the tumbler for tumbling stones to polish them.
- If you have coins that are heavily corroded you can speed the process up by soaking them in vinegar overnight before you tumble them. Vinegar is 5% acetic acid and is very effective at dissolving corrosion
Our small tumblers are perfect for those just getting started and for smaller items. Designed for years of trouble-free service. Each is quiet, sturdy, simple to operate, and gives excellent results.These units are also perfect for jewelry tumbling.
How to Choose a Tumbler
Good tumbling results starts with a good machine. Take your time and find a dealer that will help you decide on the correct model for what you plan to tumble.
Find the right size tumbler
Even though all tumblers do the same basic job, the size can still affect the results. Not only do larger tumblers require more rock to operate efficiently, they also consume more grit and polish. Buy a small tumbler if you are just getting started or plan to tumble smaller loads. Buy a mid-size tumbler if you need to tumble larger stones (2″ to 2.5″) or have larger amounts. For production runs, choose a commercial unit.
For over 50 years, serious lapidaries have considered LORTONE the standard for performance and durability. Since then, we have continued to develop machines for every lapidary while also keeping the tradition of making our products locally.
Located in Mukilteo, Washington, north of Seattle, LORTONE has a long history of producing high value, economical lapidary and jewelry equipment built to last for many years.
Our tradition of using superior materials and workmanship continues, using proven designs, premium steel and quality construction. Whether you’re active in cutting slabs or bookends, polishing cabs, deburring metals, tumbling jewelry or beach agate, LORTONE has the right product for you!
|Dimensions||18 × 8.5 × 8.5 in|