Garrett ACE 250 Metal Detector w/ 6.5″ x 9″ Coil (New / Consignment / Used)
$186.96 – $212.45
New / Consignment / Used Garrett ACE 250 Metal Detector with 6.5″ x 9″ PROformance Interchangeable Search Coil, Adjustable Arm Strap and Batteries.
The ACE 250 detector features Electronic Pinpointing, Accept/Reject Discrimination, Five Search Modes, Continuous Coin Depth Indicator, Battery Condition Indicator, Expanded Target ID Legend and Pushbutton Controls.
This metal detector is ideal for Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting, Ghost Town Hunting, Competition Events and even Dry Beach/Fresh Water Hunting.
SKU: N/A Categories: Used / Demo / Refurbished Metal Detectors, Garrett ACE 250 Tags: Metal Detecting, Detector, Detecting, Metal Detector, Metal GTIN: Array Brand: Garrett
Garrett has placed big features into the ACE 250 – excellent detection depth, rugged design and ease of operation—for a price that can’t be beat.
- 6.5″ x 9″ PROformance Interchangeable Search Coil – lightweight, fully submersible, waterproof concentric coil.
- Adjustable Arm Strap – Holds detector tight to your arm.
- Garrett ACE 250 Instructional DVD
- Garrett ACE 250 Instruction Manual – Instruction Manual to help assemble, take care of and learn how to operate your metal detector.
- 4 “AA” Batteries Included – Go Metal Detecting the moment you receive your Metal Detector.
- Electronic Pinpointing: to precisely locate target and speed recovery
- Accept/Reject Discrimination: to modify discrimination patterns
- Five Search Modes: select pre-set discrimination pattern or create your own
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: to determine target depth
- Battery Condition Indicator: shows battery life continually
- Interchangeable ACE series searchcoils: are available
- Expanded Target ID Legend: easy-to-read above large LCD screen
- Pushbutton Controls: with One-Touch operation
- Other features: 3-piece travel/storage, disassembles to 24″; adjustablearm cuff; quarter-inch (1/4″) size headphone jack.
Search Modes (Discrimination Patterns): 5 plus electronic pinpointing
- All Metal (Zero)
|Target ID Cursor Segments||12|
|Iron Discrimination Segments||2|
|Search Modes||5 (plus Pinpoint)|
|Audio Tone ID Levels||3|
|Standard Searchcoil||6.5″ x 9″ PROformance™|
|Length (Adjustable)||42″ to 51″ (1.06m – 1.29m)|
|Total Weight||2.7 lbs. (1.2 kgs.)|
|Batteries||4 AA (included)|
Pinpointing with the ACE 250
Pinpointing with the ACE 250 Pinpointing is one of the most important, but simple to learn, techniques you need when treasure hunting. Knowing how to pinpoint correctly can mean the difference between digging a six-inch hole or a 2-inch plug.
Using the Pinpoint Mode (ACE 250)
The ACE 250 is equipped with an electronic Pinpoint pushbutton that makes pinpointing more accurate. Using this Pinpoint Mode is simple to do. After detecting a target, place the searchcoil on the ground to the side of the target’s suspected location. Now, press and hold the Pinpoint pushbutton while maintaining contact with the ground and slowly move your searchcoil from left to right and then front to back over the suspected target’s location. The maximum sound will be heard when the target is directly beneath the center of the searchcoil as shown.
Also, while electronically pinpointing, the Upper Scale on the LCD indicates signal strength. When the greatest number of LCD segments (increasing left to right on the scale) is shown, the center of the searchcoil is directly over the target.
NOTE: Keeping the searchcoil on the ground will help ensure the distance between the coil and the ground remains constant throughout the pinpointing process; in this case the distance is zero inches. If the terrain does not allow for this type of “coil scrubbing” then do your best to maintain a constant height between the coil and the ground.
Pinpointing Shallow or Irregular Targets (ACE 250)
Very shallow targets may
pinpoint under tip of inner coil
The pinpoint location is almost always in the center of the coil. In other words, a target pinpointed with an ACE 250 will be directly beneath the center of the searchcoil (See Using the Pinpoint Mode). However, exceptions to this rule may occur for oddly shaped iron targets, such as a nail or piece of wire lying horizontally in the ground; flat objects on edge; or, even a very shallow coin. In cases such as these, the pinpoint location may be closer to the front of the inner coil as shown here.
By carefully paying attention to the audio signals (and the Upper Scale indication on the 250) you’ll quickly become familiar with how your ACE pinpoints deep and shallow targets.
Garrett Metal Detectors ACE 250 Video:
Used – Like New, Used – Very Good, New