The Falcon’s superior ability to detect gold, silver, copper, platinum and other valuable metals in rock formations provide the prospector with a tool unavailable until now. Historically, tailing piles were created by miners selecting good ore from “worthless rocks” by sight alone. Millions of dollars of valuable ore were discarded because the miner couldn’t see the metal!! Those metals are still lying in those tailing piles waiting for someone with the electronic sight of a Falcon.
With improved sensitivity and more power, the MD20 series of Falcons will give the modern prospector the ability to find gold in places never before detectable. Small enough to fit in you pocket and rugged enough to be used in the field, the MD20 will be a necessary tool for every serious prospector.
While designed with the gold prospector in mind, the Falcon has found many other metal detecting uses, such as:
- Hobby – Pinpointing coins and jewelry without touching them
- Medical – Locating metal fragments in the body
- Construction – Locating covered up nail heads
- Food Service – Scanning for metal fragments
- Wood Working – Finding metals before damaging blades
- Many others where small metal pieces need to be detected.
- Operating frequency; 300 kHz
- Dimensions: 1.6″x 3.25″ x 6″
- Weight 14oz.
- Probe: waterproof 6″ probe on 5′ cable
- Batteries: two 9V alkaline
- Battery life: 40-50 hours
- Target alert: built in speaker and headphone jack
- Controls: ground balance, sensitivity. Probe has adjustable copper ring for sensitivity selection.