If you are new to metal detecting, the decision on which metal detector to buy can be quite daunting. There is an overwhelming array of options in the market that it can be difficult to narrow down your choices. It is important to also choose the brands and models that are suited for beginners.
This is a list of the best metal detectors for beginners in 2021 to make it easier to choose the right tool for the job.
Nokta Makro Simplex+
The Nokta Makro Simplex+ is one of the best metal detectors in the market for beginners. This is an all-purpose metal detector but is best for ghost town hunting and collecting relics and coins. This model comes in two price variants with a starting price of $254 and up to $340.
This is a great option for those looking for a budget-friendly metal detector to practice your new hobby with. And yet, you won’t have to sacrifice in terms of functionality because it has a depth of features you would normally find in higher-end models.
Even when the Nokta Makro Simplex+ is an entry-level detector, it has advanced features that would make it good enough for experienced users.
- It can be used underwater.
- It has 4 modes to choose from.
- It is lightweight.
- It has auto and manual operations.
- It has a low battery life.
Garrett ACE 300
Another excellent option for beginners is the Garrett ACE 300. This model comes with a starting price of $255 and is suitable for fresh water or dry beach hunting, coin hunting, and the like. This brand is a reliable option if you are looking for a model that is packed with competitive features.
Even though this model is budget-friendly, it has enough features to keep beginners and mid-level users happy. It improves on its predecessors such as the enhanced iron resolution and its improved efficiency in filtering junk items. There are five preset search modes to choose from and even allows you to customize your search settings. Even though the device itself isn’t submersible, its basic components are waterproof.
This metal detector is manufactured in the US with a 2-year warranty.
- It is lightweight and ergonomically designed.
- It is sturdy enough for professional users.
- It has numerous search modes to choose from.
- It has a large search coil for more accurate detection.
- It is not suited for underwater use but can be used for shallow waters.
The Fisher F22 is one of the best entry-level models of metal detectors in the market. It is cheaper than most of the other models on this list but that’s mostly because it is designed for on-the-go use.
It has a variety of preset features so that beginner hobbyists can turn it on and be on the go. It is an improved version of the popular model, F2. It comes with a numeric target scale ID so you can gather information about the conductivity of the detected target. The Iron Audio also provides more value to this detector for maximum speed and efficiency in detecting.
The triangular design makes it practical when going into tight spaces. Its search coil is also waterproof so you may use it in shallow water.
- It is extremely lightweight.
- It has a large display screen.
- It has reliable discrimination level.
- It has a superfast re-tune speed.
- It comes with preset ground balance.
Teknetics EuroTek PRO Metal Detector
If you are looking for the best metal detector for iron that is also suited for beginners, this is it. The Teknetics EuroTek PRO Metal Detector comes with an 8-inch concentric coil that can handle freshwater streams and wet conditions.
It is equipped with variable iron discrimination settings to ensure accuracy. It has 3 tone audio identification settings that can be set to identify different types of metals. You can even adjust the sensitivity of the machine depending on the soil conditions.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- Its sensitivity level can be adjusted.
- It has a large LED screen that displays information with ease.
- It makes pinpointing easy.
- It does not have ground balance.
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack
If you are a beginner who wants to focus on gold nugget hunting, then the Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack is for you. This metal detecting device is designed for quick assembly and ease of use. It offers efficient mobility along with a lightweight and balanced frame.
It might come with a small coil but it has a robust feature that identifies small gold nuggets with ease. You can adjust the settings to be able to accurately and effectively detect gold nuggets at varying depths.
- It is highly efficient and mobile.
- It is ideal for detecting small gold nuggets.
- It facilitates faster target recovery.
- It is lightweight and ergonomic.
- It has different sizes and configurations of coins.
- It is not suited for underwater detecting.