The Minelab GPX 4800 Metal Detector features Minelab's exclusive Multi Period Sensing (MPS), Dual Voltage Technology (DVT) and Smart Electronic Timing Alignment (SETA). Building on the strengths of its predecessor the Minelab GPX 4800 Metal Detector also offers some of the features found in the high performance Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector.
Click any of the links below to download the Minelab GPX 4800 Metal Detector Instruction Manual in your preferred language.
Treasure Tracking is an exciting new app for metal detecting enthusiasts. This amazing new iPhone app contains everything you need to capture the moment of your memorable finds. Relive the excitement when you log the GPS coordinates, include personal notes and store your favourite detecting discoveries.
- Add New Finds: Write notes, take a picture and record your favourite finds.
- Field Guide & Manual: iPhone access to the Minelab E-TRAC field guide and instruction manual. Knowledge at your fingertips!
- Patterns & Modes: Your time is precious. Access quick reference information for best results.
- Map: Record GPS locations of your finds allowing you to track successful hotspots.
- Gallery: Use your iPhone camera to create a unique library storing photos of those special discoveries.
To download Treasure Tracking for free click the Treasure Tracking App store button or click here and follow the links.
Minelab GPX 4800 and GPX 5000 have a range of soil timing options, but what are soil timing options?
Soil Timing options optimize the performance of the Metal Detector for a wide range of ground conditions, depth and target sizes.
Learn all about Soil Timing Options in the following video:
We are announcing a special holiday incentive for the time period spanning November 15th 2011 – January 31st, 2012.
During this time period any detector purchase made for the below listed detectors will increase our donation to the TFMDRF!
TFMDRF stands for Task Force For Metal Detecting Rights Foundation with a Mission Statement we can all stand behind- "It is the mission of the Task Force for Metal detecting Rights to perpetuate the responsible enjoyment of the pastime of recreational metal detecting within all public parks, open lands and waterways".
Our donations are as follows:
|Metal detector||We donate|
|Minelab Explorer SE PRO||$25.00|
|Minelab Excalibur II 800 / 1000||$20.00|
|Minelab X-TERRA 705 & X-TERRA 705 Gold||$15.00|
Minelab GPX Series metal detectors are not only highly capable of detecting gold at great depth, they are also excellent for finding US Civil War relics deeper than any other metal detector. This is especially true in mineralized ground. In this video learn how to set up a GPX Series metal detector for hunting US Civil War relics.
Watch the video "GPX Series for Civil War relic hunting" on Minelab.com
The producers of Minelab’s exclusive video series “The Civil War Uncovered” received an invitation to metal detect on private property in Culpeper County (Virginia) where portions of the 1st US Calvary were camped during the Civil War. This was an amazing opportunity to find 150 year old Civil War relics. The property owner agreed to let us hunt for just one hour. Bob Painter (Relic Bob) and I met on the property about an hour before sunset. Bob has almost 4 decades of relic hunting experience and uses a Minelab GPX 4800. I was no match for Bob’s decades of experience, so I armed myself with a GPX 5000 to reduce the handicap.
Latest Blog Posts
- The King of the Sea from Minelab Success StoriesSeptember 19, 2014 - 6:06 PM
- Last Signal of the Day from Minelab Success StoriesSeptember 19, 2014 - 6:06 PM
- Ancestors practiced reuse of coins from Minelab Success StoriesSeptember 19, 2014 - 6:05 PM
- Find of a lifetime from Minelab Success StoriesSeptember 19, 2014 - 5:35 PM
- Modes to Find the Deep Gold from Minelab Treasure TalkSeptember 15, 2014 - 1:52 AM
- LOW HIGH! LOW HIGH! Two monster nuggets found in WA from Minelab Success StoriesSeptember 12, 2014 - 12:34 PM
- Minelab SDC 2300 from Minelab Success StoriesSeptember 10, 2014 - 10:12 AM
- Bling in the sand !! from Minelab Success StoriesSeptember 9, 2014 - 12:13 PM